Friday, November 14, 2008

I am thankful for.....

No I haven't blogged for awhile, and yes it is because I am a loser. No really I lost my cord to get my pictures off my camera. So someday I will blog about Karynn's birthday (happy birthday forever ago Karynn), Halloween and all the fun happenings around the Rowley household that I have yet to blog about.

Today I think my blog needs no pics.

Let me just start with the fact that my first 3 kids were potty trained at around the age of 3 (give or take a month or two). So I thought I was amazing the day that Garrett decided that he was a big boy and was easily potty trained right before he turned 2. Yes, I did feel like mother of the year for quite awhile over that. Well now Garrett is 3 1/2 and still has accidents at night. We are not talking little accidents. We are talking flood the place. (See I told you we didn't need pictures on this blog).

To go on with this exciting blog, Wednesday night we forgot to put a pull up on Garrett. Thursday morning he woke up soaked. Aargh!!! I stripped the bed and went to go put the bedding into the washer, but forgot I had already been woman of the year and started a batch.

Yesterday was a busy day, so I forgot laundry and went on with the day. This morning I woke up and went to go start laundry yet again and opened the washroom door. After puking my guts out, and rewashing what was already in the washer, I was able to wash Wednesday nights bedding. Yea for me, I am accomplished.

Then Garrett woke up this morning, and yes he wore a pull up last night. I did warn though that he could flood the place. So he got up, changed his clothes and ate Lemon Cake for breakfast while I washed his bedding from last night. Now I feel very accomplished.

So on the the point of this tale..... I am thankful for mattress covers, and the fact that I don't believe in sleep overs with friends. Garrett you can wet your bed till your 12 and none of your friends will ever know. (So long as your brother and sisters keep it quiet, but we have alot of dirt on them to, so I think you're safe).

5 comments:

KaraLyn said...

Now that is FUNNY!!! Macee does well overnight until we trust her enough to wear panties and she pees the bed! And I HATE doing laundry, so we still do the pull-up thing!

Nicole said...

Josh was potty trained at 2 1/2 and we are still having accidents. Josh started refusing to wear a pull-up. We would put it on when he was asleep, then he would wake up in the night and throw it away. So I wash beds a couple times a week...

Mills Family said...

This morning I went to get Kaden up for school. He was awake but had his covers pulled up to his chin. He said "I leaked... a lot." He was right too! Pee everywhere. I figure there is only so much you can do about bedtime so there is no point in making him feel bad. Once I told him that it was ok and I'd wash his bedding, he was a happy kid!

Mills Family said...

And I totally agree on the mattress covers! Such a huge lifesaver. I can handle pee on the beddding. Pee on the mattress is just gross.

Nichelle said...

At least he goes on the potty. Porter still won't. Oh, well. In his own time. As for the sleepover thing, just always believe in sleepovers with cousins!!!! (I know you always will). Those are some of my best memories from when I was a kid. We need to plan another one soon.