Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentines Day

Quite a few years ago, after we started having children, Billy and me went out for a big night on the town on Valentines Day. After a 2 hour wait, me being cranky that we were paying a babysitter the whole time, the night was kind of a bust. From then on we decided to make Valentines more of a family affair. Every year we have a candlelight dinner with our little crew, and play games or have a dance etc. So this was our V-Day 2011!

This years decor. Notice the jars on the back cabinet, we exchanged Valentines and little treats throughout the week previous. We had a lot of fun, and it was cool to see the kids run in after to school to check to see if there were any new additions, or to add some themselves.

All my Valentines minus the newest! This year for the activity we played Charades. We need to work a little bit on our skill, but it was a laugh. Also Garrett made a valentine version of duck, duck goose. Lots of Fun!

Our Heart pizza! (Thank you Papa Murphy's)

Little Miss Miranda, she was to tuckered out to join in the fun.

In other news:

Last Saturday Karynn tried out for Mesa Youth People's Orchestra! She practiced really hard and it paid off. Congrats Karynn!

Karynn letting her daddy know she got in. He worked hard too.

Last but not least, I have decided this little guy is a Psycho. No wonder I don't get any house work done around here. I am good to keep him alive. He got the peanut butter off the top shelf himself. I guess he decided that a bananas really isn't a complete meal. (He does need protein I guess).

5 comments:

grandma kathleen said...

Thanks for updating your blog. I have printed it and will get it to Grandma N tomorrow--she will be so happy. You are a wonderful family!!

Nichelle said...

Since Miranda is the only one missing from the pic can I assume she is the one taking it??? You are one of the most creative people I know. The table looked gorgeous!

Cadi said...

you have NO idea how happy this makes me! I just read your last post too. It was funny because I could hear your voice reading it to me! I think I miss you too much, and I'm only down the hill. But it feels like I moved to the other side of the world.

I love love love your family. I'm openly jealous of your 2 babies! I miss you guys tons.

Thank you for the new Vday tradition! I LOVE it. I hope I remember to do that next year. Remind me, K?!

p.s. you know if you ever wanted to start walking one of these days, I'm game.
xoxoxoxo

Nicole said...

Hi Karen, Thanks for updating your blog! I love seeing your cute kids :) That baby of yours is too cute for words!!

Lachelle Merrill said...

welcome back to the blogging world my friend!! Your family is adorable & I can't believe how big they are all getting!! Love you guys